Application for mobile on iOS and Android
"Uncovered" London is an alternative guide to the hundreds of hidden historical sites and monuments scattered across the streets of London.
Using our guide, you will start to explore the rich history locked away in London's back-alleys, far removed from the usual tourist trails and guides.
Discover a 2000-year-old Roman fort, Victorian catacombs, an ossuary filled with human remains, abandoned railway stations and even the WW2 fortifications built to defend against Nazi Invasion.
How To Use
- The application is designed for most mobile/cellphone devices using iOS or Android.
- After loading the app, the first page is a primary category map. This lists a summary of the nearest sites to your present location. You can either click on the individual points to open further information about the site, or click on the drop pin button (button right) to view the pins in a listing format.
- It is possible to see the pins for all the sites within the application on the primary category map. This is done by scrolling through all sites within the list page, then click the map button to view all the pins.
- All sites are listed in chronology of nearest location to you, and separated into colour coded categories which refer to historical periods. In the listing format you can scroll through historical period by simply swiping left/right or by swiping the navigation bar in the header. Also whilst in a historical period in the listing format (e.g. on medieval) select the pin button to show the map, this will only show the related medieval pins.
- Each location contains imagery, a description and access details. The pin is mapped within a 5 metres for accuracy and displayed on a GPS enabled map. There's a "See a route" button that will navigate you directly to the site via Apple Maps or Google Maps.